The annual lists of gifts received by members of the British Royal Family were released. While the Queen and other members of the royal family release info on gifts received in the UK, Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince George, and Prince Harry only release info on gifts received during official overseas visits. I’m only going to cover the Cambridges and Harry’s gifts. Overall, Will and Kate got a lot of alcohol, but also a lot of books. Kate received a lot of jewelry we’ll probably never see her wear. George received a crap ton of books and toys. Harry didn’t get as many gifts as Will and Kate, but his are more interesting and diverse, I think, including an automatic rifle (decommissioned of course).
Quick note before moving on: It looks like Jason is already making changes. Will, Kate and Harry have their own Twitter account now, @KensingtonRoyal, to promote their work. I guess this is step 1 of Jason’s attempt at promoting the Cambridges and Harry.
Duchess Kate made two overseas visits, to: New Zealand and Australia; and New York. While Prince William made three, to: New Zealand and Australia; Malta; and New York and Washington, D.C. Prince George only made one, to New Zealand and Australia, but he was not forgotten as he received gifts from every place Will and Kate visited (he even got gifts from places Charles and Camilla visited). Will’s solo gifts were boring and I don’t care, but I’m pulling a few that Kate received solo, and some they received together. These are just a few of the gifts received, overall they received close to 1,500 gifts total.
- In New Zealand: Pair of pearl earrings from the Mayor of Christchurch; Dress and a jacket from an individual.
- In Australia: White metal necklace and a white metal brooch from The Chief Executive Officer of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015; Silver pendant from The Chief Executive Officer of the New South Wales Waratahs; Silver and opal brooch from The Governor General of Australia; Silver necklace and a pair of earrings from The Governor of South Australia; Gold and pearl necklace from an individual.
- In New York: Basket of honey from The President and First Lady of the United States of America; Two bangles from an individual.
Will and Kate received:
- In New Zealand: Three bottles of wine from Central Otago Winegrowers Association; Two bottles of wine from an individual; Six bottles of wine from an individual.
- In Australia: Opal model of a car, and an opal brooch from an individual; Box of cupcakes from an individual; Two bottles of whisky from an individual.
- In New York: Two models of the Empire State Building from an individual; Selection of condiments from an individual; Three Draydels from an individual.
Additionally, from members of the public in New Zealand and Australia, Will and Kate received, among many other things: 42 pieces of jewelry; 26 books; 54 items of clothing; 4 bottles of wine.
I’m actually not going to pull out gifts George received, because we already heard about the interesting ones when he received them in New Zealand and Australia, and everything else is mainly books and soft toys. Like, a ridiculous amount of books.
Prince Harry undertook three overseas visits, to: Estonia and Italy; Brazil and Chile; and Oman and Abu Dhabi. Like above, I’m only picking out a few interesting gifts from each visit.
- In Italy: Bottle of single malt scotch whisky from an individual.
- In Brazil: Replica F1 racing helmet from an individual; Sportswear and a glass model of a clock tower from the President, Belo Horizonte Minas Tenis Clube.
- In Chile: Silver cigarette box from an individual; Two bottles of ale from a member of the public.
- In Oman: Pair of yellow metal cufflinks from Small Arms School Corps, Oman; Automatic rifle (decommissioned) from an individual.
- In Abu Dhabi: Wristwatch from a Member of the ruling Royal Family of Abu Dhabi; Bronze model of a polo pony and player from an individual.