And we’re back with the poll results for our 2017 predictions. Some of the results were predictable, but some of the results were not what I was expecting at all. And there were some write-in votes that I hadn’t thought of.
I’m going to do things slightly differently than I normally do poll results. Instead of photos of graphs of the results, I’m just going bullet point the results. Mainly so I don’t have to spend the time making photos, but also so at the end of the year I can copy/paste the options and percentages which I can’t do with photos. The results are listed in order of which option got the most votes.
How many engagements will Kate make in 2017?
- 101-125 – 23.72%
- 126-150 – 23.05%
- 76-100 – 17.92%
- 51-75 – 14.42%
- Greater than 150 – 9.84%
- 26-50 – 8.22%
- Less than 25 – 2.83%
Given Kate’s year-end engagement numbers from last year, I’m not surprised that the higher numbers got the most votes. Hopefully Kate will continue her trend from last year.
I voted for 101-125 as well.
When will the bulk of Kate’s engagements take place?
- October – 20.88%
- April – 16.64%
- September – 16.34%
- November – 13.01%
- June – 12.41%
- May – 7.87%
- March – 5.9%
- February – 3.33%
- July – 1.82%
- August – 0.76%
- December – 0.61%
- January – 0.45%
The bulk of Kate’s engagements will take place whichever month she goes on tour, if she does. But without a tour, October is a good bet for which month she will be the most active.
I also voted for October.
How many of Kate’s patronages will she visit in 2017?
- A few (3-5) – 31.21%
- Several (6-9) – 30.03%
- A lot (10-12) – 17.9%
- All ++ (16 including the three taken over from HM) – 10.36%
- A couple (2) – 5.33%
- All (13) – 4.59%
- One (1) – 0.59%
If Kate only visits 3-5 of her patronages that will be on the low end for her. Hopefully starting the year by visiting the Anna Freud Centre means she’ll visit many more than just a few of them this year.
I voted that Kate will visit 13 of her patronages.
Will Kate give a speech in 2017?
- Yes, more than one – 70.47%
- Yes, only one – 24.12%
- No, Kate will not make a speech – 5.41%
Much to my surprise, Kate has already given a speech and it’s only January. Hopefully that’s a good sign.
I voted that Kate will give more than one speech this year.
How many Royal Tours will Kate go on?
- One – 66.47%
- Two – 30%
- More than two – 3.53%
We haven’t heard anything about a possible tour for this year, but then again I predicted in July last year that she would not take another tour in 2016 since we hadn’t heard anything of one and then they went to Canada in September. So… They may still take one this spring.
I voted that only one tour will happen this year.
Will Kate make a solo overseas visit in 2017?
- No – 61.83%
- Yes – 38.17%
I voted that she will.
Will Kate attend a State Banquet in 2017?
- Yes, only one – 67.47%
- Yes, more than one – 18.67%
- No, Kate will not attend a State Banquet – 13.86%
I love tiara events, so I would love to see Kate attend another one.
I voted that she will attend one this year.
Will Kate attend the State Opening of Parliament in 2017?
- No – 86.45%
- Yes – 13.55%
I voted that she won’t.
Will Kate wear a new-to-her tiara in 2017?
- No – 84.24%
- Yes – 15.76%
I voted that she won’t, although I would like to see her wear the Halo Scroll again to see what it looks like on her without the veil.
Who will be Kate’s most worn designer in 2017?
- Alexander McQueen – 53.06%
- Jenny Packham – 23.7%
- Catherine Walker – 8.79%
- LK Bennett – 6.75%
- Temperley – 3.45%
- Erdem – 2.51%
- Zara – 1.26%
- Other: – 0.47%
Dolce & Gabbana was the popular write-in option.
I voted for McQueen.
How many times will Kate’s skirt fly up in 2017?
- 1, but it will only be a tiny incident and we won’t see anything – 43.51%
- 1, and it will be a big incident – 20.5%
- 0, she’s totally going to get it together in 2017 – 17.53%
- 2 – 9.86%
- 3 – 3.91%
- 5 or more – 2.66%
- 4 – 2.03%
My vote for 0 is more hoping for what I want than thinking of what will actually happen.
How many times will we see Prince George in 2017?
- 3 times – 24.2%
- 4 times – 19.9%
- 5 times – 15.61%
- 2 times – 11.46%
- 6 times – 11.15%
- 10 or more times – 7.32%
- 8 times – 3.98%
- 7 times – 3.82%
- 1 time – 1.43%
- 9 times – 1.11%
I voted for six times.
How many times will we see Princess Charlotte in 2017?
- 3 times – 31.77%
- 2 times – 18.96%
- 4 times – 18.8%
- 5 times – 10.7%
- 6 times – 7.78%
- 1 time – 3.24%
- 10 or more times – 3.08%
- 8 times – 2.92%
- 7 times – 1.94%
- 9 times – 0.81%
I also voted for six times for Charlotte, too.
Will Kate announce a third pregnancy in 2017?
- Kate will announce a third pregnancy by the end of 2017 – 54.46%
- Kate will not announce a third pregnancy by the end of 2017 – 34.19%
- Kate will have a third baby by the end of 2017 – 11.35%
I read a comment on the poll article that said every answer to the Kate-related questions were based on whether or not she will announce a pregnancy this year, and I agree with that. All of my answers to the Kate-related questions are predicated on my answer to this question: that Kate will not announce a pregnancy this year. If she does, all of my answers are wrong.
Will Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie announce a pregnancy in 2017?
- Stephanie will announce a pregnancy by the end of 2017 – 49.9%
- Stephanie will not announce a pregnancy by the end of 2017 – 42.09%
- Stephanie will have a baby by the end of 2017 – 8.01%
I voted that she will.
Other than Kate or Stephanie, who will announce a pregnancy in 2017?
- Princess Sofia – 55.77%
- No one – 24.33%
- Princess Madeleine – 11.72%
- Princess Eugenie – 3.55%
- Other: – 2.84%
- Crown Princess Victoria – 1.07%
- Princess Beatrice – 0.71%
Pippa Middleton was the top write-in vote-getter, followed by Zara Tindall and Meghan Markle. Princess Charlene and Prince Amedeo’s wife also got votes.
I voted no one, but I didn’t think to include Pippa, Zara, or Meghan. If I had, I would have voted for Pippa and Zara.
Will Prince Harry announce an engagement in 2017?
- Harry will not announce an engagement in 2017 – 51.07%
- Harry will announce an engagement in 2017 – 41.01%
- Harry will announce an engagement and marry in 2017 – 7.93%
I voted that Harry won’t.
Will Princess Eugenie announce an engagement in 2017?
- Eugenie will announce an engagement in 2017 – 65.94%
- Eugenie will announce an engagement and marry in 2017 – 17.2%
- Eugenie will not announce an engagement in 2017 – 16.86%
I voted that Eugenie will.
Will Princess Beatrice announce an engagement in 2017?
- Beatrice will not announce an engagement in 2017 – 93.54%
- Beatrice will announce an engagement in 2017 – 4.89%
- Beatrice will announce an engagement and marry in 2017 – 1.57%
And I voted that Beatrice won’t.
Will Kate take part in Pippa’s wedding?
- Yes – 64.98%
- No – 35.02%
I voted yes because I want it to happen. I want to see what kind of bridesmaid dress Pippa will put Kate in.
Will George take part in Pippa’s wedding?
- Yes – 88.06%
- No – 11.94%
I voted yes to George being included.
Will Charlotte take part in Pippa’s wedding?
- Yes – 73.75%
- No – 26.25%
But I voted no to Charlotte being included since I think two is a bit young.
What will happen in 2017?
- Crown Princess Victoria will have a tiara-studded 40th birthday celebration – 30.14%
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will break up – 29.57%
- Kate Middleton will take on a new patronage not previously held by HM – 11.48%
- Kate Middleton will give another interview – 8.9%
- Kate Middleton will receive the Royal Family Order – 5.45%
- King Harald will abdicate – 4.5%
- Queen Elizabeth will abdicate – 3.92%
- Queen Margrethe will abdicate – 2.87%
- King Carl Gustaf will abdicate – 2.2%
- Other: – 0.96%
Queen Elizabeth II passing away was the top write-in vote. Also getting a write-in were William stepping out of the line of succession, Beatrice getting an awesome boyfriend, and Zara getting pregnant again.
I voted that Victoria will have a tiara-filled birthday celebration mainly because I love when lots of royals get together in their tiaras. I also voted that Harry and Meghan will break up (please don’t yell at me, it’s just the thought I had on the first when I voted in this poll).
What do you want to happen in 2017?
- William to take on full time royal duties – 9.13%
- Kate to take on full time royal duties – 8.25%
- Kate to stop crotch clutching – 7.93%
- Kate to attend St. Patrick’s Day Irish Guards parade – 7.42%
- Kate to fully engage with the people she meets – 6.42%
- William to give up his EAAA co-pilot job – 6.22%
- Harry to take on full time royal duties – 5.74%
- Kate to cut her hair – 5.59%
- Kate to give an informative speech on mental health – 5.46%
- Kate to give an informative interview about her patronages/causes – 5.44%
- Kate to attend a women’s tennis match during Wimbledon – 4.91%
- Kate to up her fashion game – 4.81%
- Kate to give an informative speech for another of her patronages/causes – 4.78%
- Kate to attend the Diplomatic Reception – 3.85%
- Kate to up her jewelry game – 3.77%
- Kate to write an informative article about one of her causes – 2.94%
- Kate to wear the Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara again – 2.26%
- Kate not to wear the Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara again – 1.74%
- Kate to do another photoshoot – 1.71%
- Kate to receive the Royal Family Order – 1.33%
- Other: – 0.3%
Some interesting write-ins were: Bringing out George and Charlotte more; William and Harry accompanying HM to Parliament; Beatrice and Eugenie becoming working royals; a separation (I’m assuming of William and Kate); and Kate to drop her manic expressions, stylist, and fake accent.
I’m surprised that Kate to wear the CLKT again got more votes than Kate not to wear the tiara again considering the reaction that her previous two wears got. I also thought that it was funny that at some point when I checked these results (before the polls closed), Kate to stop crotch clutching had gotten more votes than anything else.
I voted for: An informative speech on mental health; informative speech on another topic; informative interview; informative article; to stop crotch clutching; William to give up his EAAA job; William, Kate, and Harry to take on full time royal duties; Kate to up her fashion and jewelry games; Kate to do another photoshoot; to fully engage with the people she meets; to attend St. Patrick’s Day; to attend the Diplomatic Reception; to wear the CLKT again; and to attend a women’s match at Wimbledon.