In the second of three polls about Kate Middleton‘s 2016 fashion, let’s take a look at the coats Kate wore last year. You can still vote in the Gowns and Separates polls if you haven’t already.
Since this is going to be a rather long post, I won’t go to much into statistics, but this is one that I thought was interesting: Of the 23 coats Kate wore in 2016, 8 of them were new and 15 of them were repeats from previous years. Kate wore a lot of new clothes this year, but over half of her coats were repeats.
1) LK Bennett red ‘Ami’ coat – Kate wore this red coat to the RAF disbandment parade on February 18. This coat is a quad-peat; she wore it in 2011, 2012, 2013, and again, for a fourth time, in 2016.
2) Catherine Walker red coat and dress – Kate wore this repeated-from-2011 coat and dress on June 13 to the Order of the Garter ceremony.
3) Carolina Herrera red coat from the CH AW16 collection – This new red coat joined Kate’s coat closet on September 28 in Canada.
4) Emilia Wickstead light yellow coat – Kate wore this yellow coat, which is a repeat from 2012, when landing in Bhutan on April 14.
5) MaxMara Sportmax long green coat – Kate debuted this green coat in 2015 and repeated it for her February 24 visit to Scotland.
6) Erdem green ‘Allie’ coat – This green coat got a three-peat when Kate wore it on March 10 for visits connected to suicide prevention.
7) Catherine Walker bespoke green coat-dress – Like the coat above, this is another green coat which debuted during the Oz/NZ tour in 2014 to get a repeat in 2016. Kate wore it to the Chelsea Flower Show on May 23.
8) Hobbs green Persephone Trench – This green coat, which also debuted in 2014, got a repeat while in Canada on September 27.
9) Alexander McQueen bespoke blue coat with large pockets – This is yet another coat that debuted on the Oz/NZ tour which got a repeat in 2016. Kate wore this blue McQueen to visit the Air Cadets on February 7.
10) M Missoni blue tweed coat from AW 2010 Collection – This is another quad-peat. After wearing this coat twice in 2012 and again in 2014, Kate repeated it again in 2016 when she visited an EACH Charity Shop on March 18.
11) Michael Kors indigo twill jacquard swing coat – Kate really dug through her Oz/NZ tour wardrobe in 2016, because she repeated a good many clothes from that tour in 2016. This is yet another one that got a repeat, at Hampton Court Palace on May 4.
12) Catherine Walker bespoke light blue coat with white lace embroidery – Kate debuted this blue coat at the June 10 Service of Thanksgiving for HM’s 90th birthday.
13) Mulberry blue ‘Paddington’ coat – Kate debuted this coat, kind of, when we spotted her wearing it on February 7 taking a helicopter from London to Norfolk, but she officially debuted it on November 4 when she visited a women’s prison.
14) Day Birger et Mikkelsen nude brocade coat – Kate has worn this coat a bunch of times since she debuted it in 2006 during her girlfriend years, but she wore it in 2016 on June 14 at the Northern Ireland Garden Party.
15) Catherine Walker bespoke cream coat – Kate debuted this coat when leaving Canada on October 1.
[Province of British Columbia]
16) Alexander McQueen bespoke white coat – Kate repeated both of the outfits she wore to her children’s Christenings this past year. This one, which she wore to Charlotte’s Christening, got the nod on June 11 for Trooping the Color.
[MOD Crown Copyright 2016/Sergeant Rupert Frere RLC]
17) Erdem bespoke grey coat with lace – This coat saw it’s debut on March 14 for the Commonwealth Day Service.
18) Missoni ‘Long Snake Stitch Coat’ – Kate debuted this coat in France on June 30 for the Somme 100 event.
[Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal]
19) Temperley London Callas Evening Coat – Kate debuted this new black coat for the Festival of Remembrance on November 12.
20) Diane von Furstenberg Lio style coat – This black coat got a three-peat to the same event. Kate wore this on Remembrance Sunday on November 13.
21) Alexander McQueen bespoke velvet patchwork coat – After debuting this coat on Remembrance Sunday 2015, we finally got a full look at it when Kate wore it to the November 28 Memorial service for 6th Duke of Westminster.
22) Hobbs ‘Celeste’ coat – This is another coat that Kate has repeated a bunch of times. The quad-peat came on December 25 during the Bucklebury Christmas Pap Stroll.
23) Erdem coat from Resort 2016 collection – This black, blue, and pink creation entered our world on October 14 when Kate visited Manchester.
Now it’s time to vote on Favorite and Least Favorite among all these coats!