Here’s a quick update on the Royal Wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist including when and where to watch, and which royal guests are expected to show up. I’m also including Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel at the Polar Music Prize, and a new portrait from Princess Madeleine.
When and where to watch the wedding on Saturday:
- SVT will broadcast the entire wedding beginning with guest arrivals at 3:00PM Stockholm time (2:00PM London; 9:00AM Eastern US; 6:00AM Pacific US time) on SVT1 and SVTPlay.
- The wedding starts at 4:30PM Stockholm time (3:30PM in London; 10:30AM Eastern US; 7:30AM Pacific US).
- The carriage procession after the ceremony starts around 5:30PM Stockholm time (4:30PM London; 11:30AM Eastern US; 8:30AM Pacific US).
- The dinner starts around 7:30PM Stockholm time (6:30PM London; 1:30PM Eastern US; 10:30AM Pacific US).
- The broadcast will end at around 10:30PM Stockholm time (9:30PM London; 4:30PM Eastern US; 1:30PM Pacific US) after the cutting of the cake, though the reception is expected to last until midnight.
- The SVTPlay livestream link is here.
The entire Swedish Royal Family (including the extended family) will be in attendance. Here is a list of foreign royal guests attending Saturday’s wedding (Queen Letizia and King Felipe will not be in attendance):
- Belgium: Queen Mathilde.
- Britain: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
- Denmark: Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie.
- Germany: Prince Leopold, Princess Ursula, Prince Manuel, Princess Anna (all of Bavaria); Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- Greece: Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana.
- Japan: Princess Hisako of Takamado.
- Netherlands: Queen Maxima.
- Norway: Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha Louise, Ari Behn.
Random bits and bobs:
- Princess Estelle will be a flower girl.
- The colors of the wedding are reportedly orange, purple, and white.
- Prince Carl Philip has reportedly helped design the wedding rings.
- Crown Princess Victoria said of the wedding: “It is time now! It will be so exciting. We’re all looking forward to it.”
- Carl Philip and Sofia have decided to use the song “Sofias brudvals” as their wedding waltz.
- While in NYC, Sofia worked as a yoga instructor and as a waitress at the restaurant, Serafina. Page Six has some quotes from her former boss about how friendly she was while working there and how happy they are for her that she’s getting married.
In terms of my own coverage of this weekend’s events:
- I will cover the pre-wedding dinner after it happens later today.
- I will have an open post/live blog going on Saturday starting from 9:00AM ET.
- I will cover the wedding and guests in depth later on Saturday (possibly into Sunday).
- I’m hearing Prince William and Kate Middleton will in fact be at Trooping the Color, so I guess I’m pulling double duty on Saturday. Or I might just push them to Sunday. I’m not sure yet. Do you guys want me to cover Trooping on Saturday, in between Royal Wedding coverage, if Kate shows up?
In honor of Princess Madeleine‘s 33rd birthday on Wednesday, June 10, the Swedish Court released a new portrait of her.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel attended the Polar Music Prize at Stockholm Concert Hall on Tuesday, June 9, 2015. Victoria wore a dress from House of Dagmar, wore Oscar de la Renta earrings, carried an Anya Hindmarch clutch, and wore YSL shoes. Victoria looks really pretty. I can’t wait to see what she wears to the wedding.
Before Victoria took part in the National Day celebrations on June 6, she met with Jane Goodall at Haga Palace.
Photos: Brigitte Grenfeldt/Kungahuset / Getty / Kungahuset