Here’s a quick update on the Royal Wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist including when and where to watch, and which royal guests are expected to show up. I’m also including Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel at the Polar Music Prize, and a new portrait from Princess Madeleine.
When and where to watch the wedding on Saturday:
- SVT will broadcast the entire wedding beginning with guest arrivals at 3:00PM Stockholm time (2:00PM London; 9:00AM Eastern US; 6:00AM Pacific US time) on SVT1 and SVTPlay.
- The wedding starts at 4:30PM Stockholm time (3:30PM in London; 10:30AM Eastern US; 7:30AM Pacific US).
- The carriage procession after the ceremony starts around 5:30PM Stockholm time (4:30PM London; 11:30AM Eastern US; 8:30AM Pacific US).
- The dinner starts around 7:30PM Stockholm time (6:30PM London; 1:30PM Eastern US; 10:30AM Pacific US).
- The broadcast will end at around 10:30PM Stockholm time (9:30PM London; 4:30PM Eastern US; 1:30PM Pacific US) after the cutting of the cake, though the reception is expected to last until midnight.
- The SVTPlay livestream link is here.
The entire Swedish Royal Family (including the extended family) will be in attendance. Here is a list of foreign royal guests attending Saturday’s wedding (Queen Letizia and King Felipe will not be in attendance):
- Belgium: Queen Mathilde.
- Britain: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
- Denmark: Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie.
- Germany: Prince Leopold, Princess Ursula, Prince Manuel, Princess Anna (all of Bavaria); Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- Greece: Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana.
- Japan: Princess Hisako of Takamado.
- Netherlands: Queen Maxima.
- Norway: Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha Louise, Ari Behn.
Random bits and bobs:
- Princess Estelle will be a flower girl.
- The colors of the wedding are reportedly orange, purple, and white.
- Prince Carl Philip has reportedly helped design the wedding rings.
- Crown Princess Victoria said of the wedding: “It is time now! It will be so exciting. We’re all looking forward to it.”
- Carl Philip and Sofia have decided to use the song “Sofias brudvals” as their wedding waltz.
- While in NYC, Sofia worked as a yoga instructor and as a waitress at the restaurant, Serafina. Page Six has some quotes from her former boss about how friendly she was while working there and how happy they are for her that she’s getting married.
In terms of my own coverage of this weekend’s events:
- I will cover the pre-wedding dinner after it happens later today.
- I will have an open post/live blog going on Saturday starting from 9:00AM ET.
- I will cover the wedding and guests in depth later on Saturday (possibly into Sunday).
- I’m hearing Prince William and Kate Middleton will in fact be at Trooping the Color, so I guess I’m pulling double duty on Saturday. Or I might just push them to Sunday. I’m not sure yet. Do you guys want me to cover Trooping on Saturday, in between Royal Wedding coverage, if Kate shows up?
In honor of Princess Madeleine‘s 33rd birthday on Wednesday, June 10, the Swedish Court released a new portrait of her.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel attended the Polar Music Prize at Stockholm Concert Hall on Tuesday, June 9, 2015. Victoria wore a dress from House of Dagmar, wore Oscar de la Renta earrings, carried an Anya Hindmarch clutch, and wore YSL shoes. Victoria looks really pretty. I can’t wait to see what she wears to the wedding.
Before Victoria took part in the National Day celebrations on June 6, she met with Jane Goodall at Haga Palace.
Photos: Brigitte Grenfeldt/Kungahuset / Getty / Kungahuset
24 thoughts on “Royal wedding updates + Crown Princess Victoria at Polar Prize”
Thanks for the update KMR. While I am looking forward to my anniversary trip tonight and tomorrow I’m a bit bummed that I won’t be able to see all the wedding coverage as it’s happening. Does that make me a terrible wife?? 🙂
I wouldn’t mind if you didn’t post about the Trooping event until Sunday. I can only speak for myself but I’m a little tired of W&K and they won’t be doing anything at this event anyway so seeing the pictures of them standing on the balcony can wait until Sunday.
I can’t wait to see little Estelle walking down the aisle and stealing the show with her cuteness!! I wonder how the colors of orange, purple and white will work together? Their invitations were a burnt orange color so maybe that with a dark purple will be great together. The chapel where the wedding will be held is beautiful and these using these colors in the flowers should really compliment the beauty of the chapel.
Oh, and Victoria looked lovely, that dress is great on her!! At first I wasn’t sure about the earrings but they are growing on me.
Orange and purple actually look really good together, so I can see that working really well as wedding colors.
I don’t think it makes you a bad wife to be interested the royal wedding coverage. But granted I’m not a wife so I don’t know what makes a good or bad wife. If it were me, I’d probably sneak peeks at my phone to check the coverage but that’s just me. Have a happy anniversary weekend!
It has me thinking that she might wear the Amethyst Tiara.
I’d love that!!! That’s my favorite tiara! Or at least one of my favorites. If she wore that, that would be awesome.
Agree 0 thank you KMR! My visits are mainly for the Swedish wedding updates that will attend by dedicated royals – and the lovely photos from the celebrations.
With great respect to our hardworking dedicated Monarch – HM QEll / POW – Prince Harry, E&C Wessex, P’ess Anne BRF – one look at Petulant and km kids photo was enough for me. Especially, with constant outdated photos of PG keep resurfacing – instead of current actual event -example, details of London Park visit with ‘baby’ PG at Polo.
Let’s enjoy Sweden Princess Estelle, Leonora/new baby and CP Fred*Mary children – P Christian Isabella, and the twins.
I agree with Lauri from CA. Please, you re working so hard and I think more people are interested in this Wedding than the Trooping of the Colors this year. Coverage on that is fine Sunday.
After reading your post, I am even more excited about the wedding, although, I am sure my husband has other plans for the weekend. He has been away on business for two days, so I think it will be fun to be able to do some things together that we both enjoy.
So, I will sneak in to take a gander when I can.
Lauri, you are not a bad wife, just interested in the wedding . Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.
I think Maddie is just gorgeous. Her portrait is lovely. Victoria looked sensational at the Awards. I am not sure how much I liked those earrings, though. Loved her dress!
Estelle will be a darling flower girl and I am sure the bride will be beautiful!
Here’s to love!
P.S. I hope Maddie does not go into labor.
I don’t like Vic’s earrings, personally.
Estelle will be adorable, I can’t wait to see what she’s wearing.
I am getting excited about the wedding and wish the couple much happiness and a picture perfect day. Glad to see it will be getting such coverage. The Swedish Royals are quickly becoming my faves.
I will be away for much of the weekend, so will have to catch up later on this special occassion.
Lauri, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.
KMR, I think everyone will be just fine with the Trooping be covered later. You are working so very hard!
Vic truly is beautiful and Daniel is — SIGH! Her dress was amazing. I did not like her earrings either. And, not with that dress.
Maddie is also quite beautiful! I hope she and Chris take London by storm!
I agree! All the news on Sophia modeling – at least she was working (as some say soft p… ;)! but she had a life (instead of the sick middleton- style stalking) and not all about Prince Carl P. nor a decade of ‘waity’ game.
I too do hope P’ess Maddie able to attend parts of the wedding – Bless her! Her family will move to London later this year. Nice to see about all the Danish RF attending (family of the SRF).
Hi KMR, I agree with everyone on Trooping! (can’t wait to see Kate!!). I am excited about the wedding! You have done a great job all week building everyone up to Saturday!! Look forward to reading your post. What a beautiful portrait of Maddie!!!
I think that if you cover the wedding live that is enough work Saturday. Your dedication is amazing. Trooping the Colour can wait for Sunday. Though I do enjoy the flypast, I would prefer the wedding. I am interested in what the food will be and how Estelle will be as a flower girl as my eldest niece was a flowergirl for the first time to her other aunt.
I like Victoria’s pink dress, though the earrings are too dangly for my taste. Madeleine does look beautiful. I like Madeleine’s earrings with the single pearl at the end.
You have been awesome as always. I am actually excited for the wedding. I’m excited to see all of the fashion. All of these royal women will bring it. I’m really looking forward to seeing the purple, orange and white colors. I can see it in the fall season, but not in the spring. It will be colorful and fun to watch.
Victoria looks as beautiful as ever her gown was so intricate and beautiful. Daniel could make me ditch Harry. He cleans up so well.
You’ve been so busy. I will be happy with what you give.
Happy Anniversary to Lauri and Mr. from California!
I have been nuts for royal weddings for decades. W&K can wait till Sunday, IMO.
I’m Canadian so I figure I will not see the wedding live. Thanks, KMR, for any reportage. Can’t wait! I’m also hoping for some royal bling. Sign me: “Wedding Freak”.
BTW I love Victoria’s dress and style.
I also think you should keep the topics separate and a day apart – it will better facilitate discussion on each. There is no reason to cover Kate immediately. It’s not like she’s got engagements lined up and you’ve got to stay on top of it or you’ll miss something. We won’t be seeing her for awhile.
Wow, I think we’ll go nuts with all the coverage of the wedding 😀 haha Broadcasting until the cutting of the cake!?!?! wow!
Regarding the wedding:
– I can’t wait to see Sofia’s dress
– I can only imagine what cutie Estelle looks like!! I’m thinking she will steal the show!!
– Crossing my fingers so Maddie will attend 🙂
* Maddie looks beautiful in that newly released picture. Happy Birthday to her!
I’m glad she got rid of the “ombre” hair and hope she never goes back to being blonde. She looks prettiest as a brunette.
* Victoria looks AMAZING!!!
I love her dress, her hair, her earrings and her hubby looks pretty hot himself. The only thing I disliked where her shoes :S other than that, LOVED her look.
Then the picture of her at the National Day Celebrations follows and I can’t help but hate her hair bun and middle partition :S sorry. She looks SO MUCH older in that picture. Oh well… she must feel… comfortable?
KMR I think covering trooping the color until Sunday will be fine. I’m so excited for the wedding discussion and details I can wait to snark/chat about Kate & Will and their grumpy faces + “oh so in-love glance at each other” + waving 😉
Hope in all the business of tomorrow you find time to relax and enjoy the weekend 🙂
There are pictures of the prewedding dinner on DM. Sorry I can’t post the link as I am using my phone. I did warn my husband that there is a royal wedding this weekend so I will have to peek now and then 🙂 I like the dress Sofia is wearing, at least what I can see on my phone.
Alrighty, I’ll cover Trooping on Sunday.
Thank you so much for all your hard work!! I’ll be reading because I can’t wait for your input. Love!!
I love how I initially started reading this blog months ago for Kate, but now I am obsessed with the SRF! Thanks for keeping up with them as well!
Jane Goodall!! Awesomeness on legs.
And I vote you take a day or two off and ignore everyone, KMR. You put a tremendous amount of information up every week. I hope you still enjoy doing it and we don’t drive you nuts. I come over here for a cleansing palate of reasonableness and you do a lovely job.
What Bluhare said.
Happy Anniversary Lauri! Coverage of Kate can wait. I’d rather see the wedding coverage! You have done such an awesome job of posting before the wedding! Waity indeed- she’s used to it! ☺
lol Waity is used to waiting and can wait.
Comments are closed.