Even more photos of Prince George at a farm park have come out, this time of him sitting on Carole Middleton‘s shoulders as they walk to their car. The two were spotted at Bucklebury Farm Park in Berkshire sometime last week.
Popsugar is calling George’s sweater green, saying it matches Carole’s green sweater, but George’s sweater looks blue to me. Blue sweater, blue shorts, blue socks, blue shoes… because that’s the only color they seem to dress him in.
- I “ugh” at Chucks on toddlers. Those shoes are so expensive, why bother buying them for a kid who will outgrow them so quickly?
- Another sweater to play outside. Is this one cashmere, too?
- I love seeing George with messy hair.
- Carole is totally wearing her signet ring on her right pinky finger. And is she wearing Kate’s Annoushka pearl drop earrings?
- Why would you wear a skirt if you are taking a kid to play in a park? Wouldn’t you want to wear something more comfortable so you can play with them?
- I wonder if Will is going to sue the photographer of these photos. He never did make a fuss at the pics of Kate and George from earlier this year, but he has sued photographers in the past and they issued a privacy warning in May.
Link to photos: Popsugar.
The royal finances were released. Prince Charles‘ travel bill is outrageous: more than £5 million (~$7.875 million*). Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s trip to New York last December cost £16,975 (~$26,700*) in airfare, while Prince Harry‘s trip to Brazil and Chile in April 2014 cost £19,304 (~$30,000*).
All in all the upkeep for William, Kate, and Harry (which Charles pays for) cost £2.9 million (~$4.6 million*). Though we have no idea how much of that went to things like Kate’s clothing and how much went to Harry v the Cambs. Why you ask? Because KP said they “can’t identify how much of it is allocated to their office” and they cannot break down specific costs. Which is either 1) utter BS, or 2) due to REALLY bad bookkeeping. If they are bookkeeping properly they should know exactly how much is allocated where, so either they have the world’s worst accountants or they are lying.
Apparently Will and Kate’s personal staff – including Nanny Maria and that new housekeeper Sadie Rice – is not paid out of that 2.9 million. But Charles has to pay for those people as well, even if it’s “privately”. Will and Kate don’t have the income to pay for them (unless Will is using his Diana inheritance, but I highly doubt that when there’s the Bank of Daddy to rely on).
In other royal finance news, Buckingham Palace is in need of £150 million worth of urgent repairs, to the point the Queen may have to move out.
*At today’s conversion rates: £1 to $1.58.