Here’s a quick update to Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s schedule (one of two quick updates today – go here to read about the King and Queen of Bhutan’s baby photo). The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend an RAF Search and Rescue at an event in RAF Valley in Anglesey, Wales on February 18.
[Kate in North Wales on November 20, 2015 – photo: Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter]
William and Kate will mark the end of 75 years of the RAF Search and Rescue at a Search and Rescue Force Disbandment Parade in Anglesey, Wales on Thursday, February 18. As we know, William is a former SAR pilot who was stationed in North Wales.
According to Mark Cuthbert, it doesn’t look like we will get many photos. He said on Twitter: “Looks like VERY limited photos though, just pool.”
It looks like poor Kate will have to work two days in a row. Kate is scheduled for her HuffPo guest editor stint on February 17, and this RAF event on February 18. And William will have to work two whole days next week since he also has an event on February 16. Oh the horror! With all this work, they’re going to need a vacation!
[William and Kate in Wales on November 8, 2014 – photo: Clarence House Instagram]
In other William and Kate news: According to The Sun, William and Kate went out to dinner sans kids at some point. I’m assuming recently or else why write about it, but the article does not say when this happened. They went to The Crown in East Rudham, about 15 minutes away from Anmer Hall, where the “dressed down” couple “looked tired” and William “had a glass of wine while Kate appeared to opt for sparkling water”.
I’m assuming I’m supposed to go: “Aw, how cute, they’re just like every other couple, it’s totally cool that Kate unnecessarily took a helicopter and that William hasn’t done jack since December 10.”
Something interesting that happened: The European court of human rights (ECHR) has ruled, in cases involving a cocaine-possessing German TV actor and Princess Caroline of Monaco, that the private lives of celebrities are of legitimate interest to the media.
From the Guardian:
“The decisions by the Strasbourg court establish significant legal precedents for privacy cases in British courts, tipping the balance back towards freedom of expression.
“In both cases the judges said that as long as the media carried out a reasonable balancing exercise, considering privacy issues, they should be able to publish stories about and photographs of ‘well-known people’. […]
“In its judgment, the Strasbourg court said: ‘Irrespective of the question to what extent Caroline von Hannover assumed official functions on behalf of the Principality of Monaco, it could not be claimed that the applicants … were ordinary private individuals. They had to be regarded as public figures.
“‘The German courts had concluded that the applicants had not provided any evidence that the photos had been taken in a climate of general harassment, as they had alleged, or that they had been taken secretly.’ They were walking in a public place. The magazine, Frau in Spiegel, had not therefore infringed her privacy rights under Article 8, the ECHR judgment ruled.”
I wonder how this will impact any future privacy complaints from William and Kate.
Blog schedule for the coming days: Catching up with Sophie, Countess of Wessex; Prince Harry did a thing, so I’ll cover that; catching up with Crown Princess Mary; and catching up with several other royals including Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Letizia.
[William and Kate at the Ring O’Fire Anglesey Costal Ultra Marathon on August 30, 2013]